Our client, a leading academic publisher based in Oxfordshire, is looking for a Portfolio Manager to join their Journal’s editorial team on an 18-month fixed term contract basis. Well organised and conscientious, you will be responsible for a managing a global list of subscription and open access academic journals. This role would be a great opportunity for an Editorial Assistant or Assistant Editor who is looking to take a step up.
- Oversee the editorial and financial performance of an existing portfolio of journals within Physical Sciences
- Build a network of contacts and relationships with key stakeholders to develop opportunities and grow the list
- Work closely with journal editors, academic society officers and colleagues across the group
- Support new journal proposals and bids, manage general list administration and ensure existing contracts are renewed
- Present at editorial board meetings and represent the company at international conferences
Experience / skills required:
- Previous experience in academic journal publishing, account management or business development
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of duties
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proactive with the ability to work to a high standard and with a keen eye for detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with online technologies
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Catherine Roney
Tel: 0203 574 4429
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.