Account Executive (12 month FTC)
WHO WE ARE
Pottermore Publishing is the global digital publisher of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts series, as well as other audiobooks and eBooks from the Wizarding World™. We aim to lead the way in innovative digital publishing and to bring new generations of readers together with long-standing fans, celebrating and bringing to life the stories that first began with the Boy Who Lived.
We operate under the same roof as The Blair Partnership, working as close colleagues with a shared culture. Together, we’re focused on making things happen in order to deliver real-world creative and commercial impact. We achieve this by believing and staying true to our values: Expertise, Partnership, Integrity, Creativity.
Pottermore Publishing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.
WHAT OUR TEAM DOES
The Account Management Team is responsible for managing Pottermore’s relationships with global digital retail and library partners. Our main aim is to drive sales revenue using a variety of commercial strategies, based on regular analysis of sales results, and observing seasonal and new release trends across the globe. We work closely with different teams across the business to ensure these external partnerships are as high-functioning and collaborative as possible, and continually deliver on budget and revenue targets set by the business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The main responsibilities of this role will be to manage the day to day needs of Pottermore’s library accounts as well as some smaller retail accounts, undertaking sales analysis and account administration, including site and promotion analysis, reviewing financial statements, chasing reports and administering the business review process.
Account Management Duties
- Day to day management of our Library account base alongside some smaller retail accounts
- Working with the Senior Account Manager to develop and execute commercial, merchandising and campaign strategies with partners to maximise sales opportunities.
- Regularly communicating with partners about our titles, campaigns, marketing assets, and other activity happening across the Wizarding World franchise; and ensuring timely reporting and payments.
- Obtaining, sharing and using customer insights to inform ideas and decisions around future marketing campaigns.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the company’s products and pricing, and ensuring they’re optimised for global markets and easily discoverable.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to develop and implement high impact and commercially creative campaigns around franchise events and Wizarding World tentpole moments, as well as retailer-specific initiatives.
- Working with the Finance team to produce regular reports and analysis on sales results, promotional outcomes, and sales trends.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the business’ commercial arrangements with partners and liaising with the Legal team on contractual requirements and commitments.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years experience of working in an Account Management Team, preferably within the book publishing industry
- Excellent organisational ability and attention to detail
- Strong team-working skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- An ability to work discretely and confidentially
- Driven by results, commercially minded and with sound analytical ability
- A fast learner and someone who thrives in fast paced, energised work environments
- Proficient in using MS Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint, a knowledge of Teams and SharePoint would be a benefit
- Flexible - as an international business there are times when there might be a need for meetings that are before or after the standard working day
- Knowledge and understanding of the Harry Potter canon and Wizarding World franchise an advantage
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Pension Plan where we contribute 5%
- Life Assurance of 4 times salary
- Health Insurance (currently with Vitality) and Health Shield Cashback Plan
- Harry Potter Franchise Partner discounts and a free ticket to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child on completion of probation
- Annual Creative Bursary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle Scheme