Key Account Manager
REPORTING TO Head of Account Management
WHO WE ARE
Pottermore Publishing is the global digital publisher of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts series, as well as other audiobooks and eBooks from the Wizarding World™. We aim to lead the way in innovative digital publishing and to bring new generations of readers together with long-standing fans, celebrating and bringing to life the stories that first began with the Boy Who Lived.
We operate under the same roof as The Blair Partnership, working as close colleagues with a shared culture. Together, we’re focused on making things happen in order to deliver real-world creative and commercial impact. We achieve this by believing and staying true to our values: Expertise, Partnership, Integrity, Creativity.
Pottermore Publishing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.
WHAT OUR TEAM DOES
The Account Management Team is responsible for managing Pottermore’s relationships with global digital retail and library partners. Our main aim is to drive sales revenue using a variety of commercial strategies, based on regular analysis of sales results, and observing seasonal and new release trends across the globe. We work closely with different teams across the business to ensure these external partnerships are as high-functioning and collaborative as possible, and continually deliver on budget and revenue targets set by the business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The job is principally focused on managing our global Audible account relationship but will have additional responsibilities for other key accounts such as Amazon, Apple and Google depending on experience. This new role is envisaged as a central source of communication across the business and out to key points of contact on the account side, proactively driving the commercial and marketing strategy for these accounts. The ideal candidate should enjoy the challenge of growing accounts and be prepared to regularly deliver account and market-based analysis into the business.
Account Management Duties
- A pivotal role within the Pottermore team, principally focused on the day to day management of our global Audible relationship but with responsibilities for some other key accounts (TBD depending on experience).
- Reporting to the Head of Account Management, and working closely with both Pottermore’s Leadership Team (PLT) and Marketing team, you will be the central point of contact for information on our content on all Audible marketplaces.
- With the support of colleagues from across the team, developing and executing commercial, merchandising and campaign strategies to maximise sales opportunities.
- Regularly communicating with contacts across Audible about our titles, campaigns, marketing assets, and other activity happening across the Wizarding World franchise
- Obtaining, sharing and using customer insights to inform ideas and decisions around future marketing campaigns.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of Pottermore’s products and pricing, ensuring they’re optimised for global markets and easily discoverable.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to develop and implement high impact and commercially creative campaigns around franchise events and Wizarding World tentpole moments, as well as retailer-specific initiatives.
- Working with the Finance team to produce regular reports and analysis on sales results, promotional outcomes, and sales trends.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the business’ commercial arrangements, liaising with the Legal team on contractual requirements and commitments.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 4+ years sales and account management experience in digital publishing having worked closely with at least some of the key digital retailers operating in the book publishing industry.
- An ability to deal with complex sales environments and challenges, prioritizing work effectively within the scope of business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills - a collaborative team player able to build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Creative, driven and with an ambitious approach to building accounts.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills (intermediate to advanced Excel skills).
- Sound understanding of key industry trends and how these could impact on partner activity on a global basis.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- A flexible and proactive attitude, happy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Organised with strong attention to detail.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Pension Plan where we contribute 5%
- Life Assurance of 4 times salary
- Health Insurance (currently with Vitality) and Health Shield Cashback Plan
- Harry Potter Franchise Partner discounts and a free ticket to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child on completion of probation
- Annual Creative Bursary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle Scheme