A successful global publisher is looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Press Officer to join their Communications team as a Press Officer. The Press Officer will take the lead on managing press campaigns from start to finish, ensuring all communication is completed to the highest standard and accurately communicating the latest research developments and corporate news. This role will be based at either their London or Oxford offices.
This is a unique opportunity to shape press communications by identifying high quality newsworthy content, crafting expertly written press releases, and liaising with journalists and media partners globally, to ensure the content is effectively communicated in the press.
Reporting to the Press & Media Relations Manager responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and evaluating content for potential media campaigns
- Writing expertly produced press releases across a wide range of subject areas,
- Working with the company’s media centre partners to communicate research which is relevant to their subject specialism and region
- Targeting and disseminating effective media campaigns
- Using social media channels to widen the reach of press campaigns and to build a network of journalist contacts
The successful person will have:
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a busy press office or corporate communication environment
- A strong ability to spot a good story, and able to evaluate complex content
- Solid writing and proofreading skills
- High developed organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- A results-driven approach, and a drive to constantly learn
For further information on this varied and interesting Press officer role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your salary expectations and preferred location.