Prestel is one of the world’s leading art and illustrated book publishers with offices in Munich and London. We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record in marketing art, architecture, photography, fashion, design, children’s, gift and lifestyle books in the UK and internationally for the newly created role of Marketing Director in our Central London office. Reporting to the company’s managing director in London, the Marketing Director will devise and manage the marketing and publicity campaigns for an exquisite list of highly illustrated books.
Duties will include:
- Managing the marketing department
- Developing and implementing winning marketing and publicity campaigns
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Market reporting
- Presenting at meetings, sharing market feedback, helping to shape Prestel’s future publishing and marketing strategies
- Working with the UK-based editor, our editor-at-large and the editorial team in Germany on product development, market trends and customer insight
- Supporting Prestel and its editors to develop future strategies for the programme and brand
- Managing, planning, executing and outsourcing innovative book publicity to media agencies
- Social media strategy and analytics
- Seasonal new books catalogues
- Database and mailing strategy
We are looking for an experienced professional with excellent knowledge of illustrated book publishing and a proven track record of devising and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
The right candidate will have:
- Managerial experience
- Experience of running successful book marketing campaigns
- Results-driven outlook, commercial and strategic acumen
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and problem solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in social media, SEO and online marketing
Contact Andrew Hansen, Vice President, Prestel Publishing Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org.