Marketing & Publicity Executive
Reporting to the Vice President, the Marketing and Publicity Executive at Prestel Publishing Limited is responsible for the publicity, marketing and promotion of all Prestel books in all territories outside German-speaking Europe.
The main duties of the role are as follows:-
- Planning and effectively conducting press and marketing activity in conjunction with our freelance PR agencies and Prestel’s network of overseas agents and representatives.
- Publicity in print and online, including reviews, advertising, special promotions and media partnerships.
- Social media, online and direct marketing, including provision of website content (banners, videos, etc.) to the publisher’s web team at its Munich head-office.
- Setting and implementing annual publicity and marketing plans and consulting with the Vice President on marketing budgets.
- Supervising marketing interns and relationships with agencies.
- Carrying out publicity for Prestel titles in the UK and internationally, together with our freelance PR agencies, overseas agents and representatives, in North America, Europe (excluding German-speaking Europe) and the rest of world
- Sending out review copies, preparing press releases and maintaining contacts with journalists and the media
- Organising press and radio reviews, which will include follow up work, checking pictures are clear for publicity use, preparing authors for interviews
- Occasional face-to-face and virtual meetings with reviewers, editors, and writers at digital, print, and broadcast media
- Outsourcing to and managing freelance PR agencies
- Liaising with the publicity and marketing team in Munich
- Compiling and circulating press cuttings, reporting in-house on press campaigns and coverage
- Print and digital advertising
- Outdoor campaigns
- Social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Conceiving and carrying out direct marketing campaigns, where necessary, often to tie in with PR campaigns
- Monthly newsletter
- Overseeing creative output and ensuring book and brand awareness throughout Prestel UK’s territories.
- Forming and developing joint marketing partnerships with other creative organisations, corporate partners, museums and art galleries
- Children’s campaign
- Book launches
- Co-ordinating author events, signings, appearances, tours including arrangement for on-site selling of books in liaison with the in-house sales department
- Pop-ups at specialist events
- Developing and overseeing new marketing and PR initiatives
- After publication, the marketing and publicity executive becomes a key point of contact for authors, providing intelligent market feedback and quality author care and maximising the self-promotion authors can provide
- Literary festivals, workshops and bookshop signings
- Other author appearances and events
- Liaison with editors over list development from a publicity and marketing perspective
MONITORING AND ANALYSIS
- Ensure targets are met by monitoring effectiveness of campaigns
- Evaluate the success of campaigns including producing post-campaign reports.
- Consult with the Vice President over budgets for marketing initiatives, events and partnerships.
- Follow organizational procedures, monitor expenditure and ensure best value is achieved in all paid promotions.
Apply by 3rd March with cover letter and CV to Andrew Hansen, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org