We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Product Development Manager wishing to lead the commissioning of high impact digital products for international audiences. Our client is a not-for-profit global publisher of a range of open access products for the environmental and agricultural markets, and they are looking for a Product Development Manager to further develop existing products and commission new ones.
In the role, you will be:
- Shaping the company's strategy and vision for product development, contributing to the growth and improvement of a portfolio of amazing digital products
- Conducting market research to identify customer needs and monitoring competitors' activity
- Creating P&L statements and business cases to present new proposals and pitch for project funding
- Commissioning multimedia content, from authors and subject experts
- Project managing new products, setting timelines, and budgets and working with other teams within the company
This is a fantastic role, playing a crucial part in the development of engaging digital products, and it will suit a proactive candidate with strong commissioning and project management skills. The ideal candidate will be familiar with preparing business cases and managing all aspects of a project, including the financials, and will have great stakeholder management experience.
You should come from a commissioning or digital product managing, ideally within the scholarly or publishing technology fields, and be able to work within deliver and project management environment such as Agile or Prince2. If it sounds like you, get in touch for more information!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.