An award-winning publisher of educational material is seeking a creative and commercially driven Product Manager for Primary Education to join their passionate and customer-focused Publishing team. The company offer an excellent salary package, and great flexibility with this role being based remotely in the UK.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Head of Publishing the main remit of the Product Manager will be to create innovative print and digital resources for Primary-school children, teachers and parents through leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects from concept to publication and beyond. This is an exciting role where you will help to set and support the long-term vision and strategy for specific products. Responsibilities will include:
- Devising and managing market research to test propositions within the core customer segments
- Assessing market competition and customer needs
- Developing commercially successful propositions (print, digital and professional development offerings)
- Working closely with sales, marketing and customer services to develop and/or refine customer value
- Managing, discovering and retaining key author talent, commissioning content
- and building strong relationships with authors, Series Editors, and educational consultants and partners
- Leading cross-functional teams to ensure products are delivered on time, to desired quality and to budget
- Briefing customer-facing teams on products, services and the changing market landscape
With a commitment to Primary education and learning, the ideal Product Manager will have solid educational publishing experience in an editorial or marketing capacity. You will be someone who can thrive in a reactive environment but who is equally comfortable balancing the creative, innovative requirements of the role with pragmatic decision-making, problem-solving and excellent organisational skills. The Product Manager will have excellent communication skills and experience motivating and leading teams to succeed. This is a really exciting opportunity for a driven educational publishing professional with great insight into the latest trends and developments across the Primary education landscape and experience of developing products for Maths, Assessment or Home-Learning, or similar. To find out more, get in touch ASAP.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.