Are you a looking for a new exciting role as a Product Manager? One of our scientific publishing clients has an opening in their fantastic Product Development team, and is looking for someone proactive and passionate about Scholarly tech or science to lead on the creation and development of customer-facing products! This exciting opportunity can be completely remote, based anywhere in the UK.
The Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading a team responsible for the planning and development of customer-facing platforms and products
- Identifying customers' requirements and matching them with ideas for software development and improvements
- Putting together business cases and looking for opportunities for improvement within existing products
- Collaborating with UX Designers on new product ideas, establishing metrics and parameters to measure success of new features
- Working closely with the Director of Product towards targets for the department
This is a wonderful opportunity to lead on the development of user-focused research platforms, and take ownership of the full product development cycle.
We are looking for candidates with previous experience in product management, ideally from working on B2B products, who have very strong communication and relationship management skills. You should be able to coordinate complex projects and assign tasks to ensure key deadlines are met. Candidates don't need to come from a publishing background, though knowledge of the Scholarly landscape will be a bonus, but you will need to be able to demonstrate knowledge on how to incorporate user needs into new product developments.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.