Are you an editor with extensive commissioning experience within STM publishing? An established STM society publisher based in Central London is looking for a Product Manager to join their team and be responsible for managing a portfolio of books, journals and associated publications and products. This is a permanent, full-time role.
- Manage and grow the portfolio of books, journals and complementary products with timely delivery of frontlist titles
- Develop industry, market and product knowledge and initiate opportunities to collaborate with industry and institutional partners
- Lead an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to product development
- Prepare and agree a product development strategy for a 5 year period
- Maximise financial return from a worldwide readership, which includes academics and industry practitioners
- Line manage the books commissioning team and digital product specialist
- Build effective relationships with other departments and book authors as well as growing a network of external contacts
- Prepare and manage annual budgets based on clear business strategies
Experience / skills required:
- Extensive experience in commissioning content in STM publishing
- A knowledge of book and journal commissioning processes and best practices
- Line management experience and strong leadership skills
- Proven track record of managing and delivering publishing projects
- Ability to prepare and present sustainable business cases for new content and products
- A proactive and entrepreneurial approach
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.