An academic publisher with one of the most successful track records for growth over the last ten years is looking to recruit a Product Manager to help lead the creation and ongoing management of a suite of products for sale into the library market.
The Product Manager will lead projects/products as assigned including market research, product testing, and the definition and delivery of product enhancements, and new product development. Reporting to Senior Product Manager, Online Products, the main responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver major enhancement projects and new products
- Carrying out research with users and buyers, performing UAT and testing development ideas
- Defining requirements, creating documentation, coordinating meetings and providing project updates
- Leading development projects for product enhancements and new product development
- Being the voice of the products and projects within the wider business
- Creating meaningful product updates/presentations/reports to project teams/stakeholders
- Interacting with customers/wider market, to ensure understand their needs and perspectives
- Gathering new product and enhancement ideas, attending focus groups and conferences
- Prioritising feature development and product changes in line with product vision
- Defining annual product priorities and longer-term strategic goals
- Working with the Product Assistant to create accurate product reports for assigned products.
The successful candidate will have proven digital product development experience, preferably within academic publishing and/or in online content delivery, and will have the ability to establish and carry out a course of action to meet high-level goals whilst remaining flexible to change. You will be able to prioritise and focus to drive successful delivery, have commercial business sense and be able to thrive in a collaborative environment, whilst building strong relationships and motivating and inspiring colleagues. Experience of pro-active problem solving through insight and judgment is desirable. You will have strong written, verbal and influencing skills as well as project management experience.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance-related bonus scheme, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 364. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.