We are looking for a passionate Product Manager looking for a new challenge in academic publishing. Our client is a leading international publisher of books, journals and digital resources, and they are looking for a Product Manager to lead on the creation and development of new product ideas for the researchers community. This role will focus on managing the creation of product prototypes and delivering product roadmap that encompass the needs of users and stakeholders.
This is a wonderful opportunity to lead on the development of user-focused research products, and take ownership of the full product development cycle.
- Managing the development of new product ideas, including leading creative sessions, identifying researchers' needs and problems, designing solutions tailored to researchers, participating in product concept testing, and working with UX designers and developers to build viable prototypes and products
- Communicating progress to non-technical teams, ensuring new product ideas and prototypes are accurately promoted and understood across the business
- Creating a roadmap for new products, defining priorities and KPIS for new products and enhancement projects, drawing on user analytics and working closely with UX Designers to explore new concepts
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, designers and other technology vendors to meet business goals for new product ideas
- Leading meetings and project teams, driving forward the decision making and delivery process
- Developing a full understanding of new products and features, looking at product usage data and conducting additional user research to inform enhancement projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Product Manager with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and who is preferably skilled in early stages of product development. You should have very strong communication and relationship management skills, and be able to coordinate complex projects and assign tasks to ensure key deadlines are met. Candidates don't need to come from a publishing background, though knowledge of the Academic or Higher Education landscape will be advantageous, but they do need to show a good understanding of research technology products, and new products development.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.