Are you a great Production candidate looking to take on a new challenge as a Production Controller? Are you immediately free for up to a 12 month contract?
Our client, a world renowned trade publisher based in central London, is looking for a Production Controller to work on custom titles across 4 colour, mono and co-editions. The role will focus on the production and delivery of global books across the publishing markets.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Solid print experience in 4c / mono and co-edition printing
- Solid experience of various binding styles and cover finishes
- Good understanding and experience of global supply chain and experience with Far East suppliers
- Commercially aware with understanding of market pressures (i.e. freight issues / material and labour challenges)
- Room for growth
- Ability to communicate well and not hide behind email
- Proactive and solution focused approach; they need to be able to problem solve situations
- IT literate - there's a lot of admin at DK so they need to have good basics in spreadsheets, email, etc
- Flexible and calm under pressure; it's a demanding list and needs someone who can manage multiple projects at the same time
The successful candidate will have B3, excellent time management skills as well as a strong eye for detail. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production professional with a solid understanding of formats and packaging solutions and full-colour printing to work in a commercial and driven environment.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.