An exciting new Production Controller position for up to 12 months has arisen with a well-established trade publisher. Our client is looking for a Production Controller to work on their custom titles across 4 colour, mono and co-editions. The role will focus on the production and delivery of global books across the publishing markets from children to adult. The position is based in their London office and they are offering hybrid working options (2 days a week).
Your responsibilities would include:
- Managing production of lists for reprints and special sales (inc: costing, scheduling and quality control)
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers
- Liaising with departments to ensure the titles are being produced to a high standard and to time
Key skills for this position include:
- Experience in 4c / mono and co-edition printing
- Solid experience of various binding styles and cover finishes
- Good understanding and experience of global supply chain and experience with Far East suppliers
- Commercially aware with understanding of market pressures (i.e. freight issues / material and labour challenges
- Ability to communicate well
- Proactive and solution focused approach; they need to be able to problem solve situations
- IT literate - knowledge of spreadsheets and email (Microsoft Office)
The successful candidate will have B3, excellent time management skills as well as a strong eye for detail. You will ideally be an experienced and enthusiastic Production professional with a strong understanding of diverse formats, packaging and full-colour printing. You will be skilled in project managing and handling multiple projects. The client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.