Would you like to work across a range of beautiful and well-known children's titles? Do you have some experience with reprints and co-editions? If you are ready to be responsible for producing a fantastic range of titles, our client, a well-known publisher of children’s books is looking to appoint a Production Controller or Senior Production Controller to join their successful team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Negotiating and tracking schedules with suppliers and liaising with the creative and sales teams
- Managing the workflow and materials for Typesetting, eBooks, colour repro as required
- Quoting costs to the co-edition teams
- Negotiation with printers and other suppliers
- Ensuring your titles are consistently produced to the required standards
- Supplying packing and shipping information and obtaining delivery details
With your keen eye for detail, your exceptional organising skills and your first-class communication skills, you will be both a strong team player and able to work independently. We are looking for an individual with proven production experience with 4 colour books and some experience of working with printers and other suppliers. Experience of working on children's books would be an advantage but is not essential as long as you have an interest in children's books.
This is a hybrid working position with 2 days a week in the London office. The company offers an excellent salary and benefits package with this position. If this sounds like a good match for your experience or is a role you could step up to, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your salary expectations.