We have a lovely new role with the Production team of a prestigious society publisher in Central London! They are looking for a Production Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis (hybrid from the London office), and work on the print and digital production workflows of some of their wonderful journals.
The Production Coordinator will be:
- Managing the production and delivery of assigned projects through to print and online publication
- Carrying out final proofreading and quality checks to check for style, consistency and presentation
- Coordinating schedules and workload with editors, suppliers and authors to ensure everyone is adhering to set publication dates
- Sourcing and choosing cover pictures and additional content
- Uploading new titles on internal and distribution systems
- Compiling reports and advising on suppliers performance
Our client is looking for someone with experience in journals publishing, with excellent copy-editing and proofreading skills. Familiarity with electronic publishing processes would be preferred, along with the ability to manage multiple projects from initial stages to completion. You would need to be able to demonstrate decision-making and problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with suppliers and authors and working under pressure to deadline. If this sounds like you, please do get in touch!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.