Are you interested in the editorial and production cycle of academic journals? We have an exciting new Production Editor role with an independent publisher, joining their Global Journals team on a 1-year fixed term contract!
This client offers the option to work fully from home, and an impressive array of benefits!
The Production Editor will be responsible for:
- Handling the production workflow for assigned journals, taking them from peer-review through to final files and print publication
- Ensuring articles complete production process and final checks to agreed deadlines
- Providing advise and production support to colleagues, contributors, and board members
- Liaising with suppliers and service providers on issues relating allocated journals, such as specialist/technical editing
- Managing journals metadata
- Supporting the global team with admin, production an editorial tasks as necessary
You will ideally have some experience in journals publishing, coming from a Production Assistant or junior Editorial role, and be able to remain calm under pressure, especially when dealing with complex journal query or supply issues.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.