The publishing arm of a highly prestigious membership organisation is looking to recruit an experienced Production Editor to project manage a range of journals, both print and online, ensuring that material is produced on time, to budget and to the highest quality. This role will work on a hybrid arrangement from their London office and is a full-time permanent role.
Some of the main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the production for your portfolio of journals, including dealing with suppliers
- Copy-editing and proofreading material as required and monitoring material for quality, legal and any technical problems
- Liaise with academic Editors and authors on presentation of material and any other issues concerning the journals
- Costing projects and creating annual production schedules
- Using online processes to check files supplied by originators
The successful person will have demonstrable experience in journal production, and up to date knowledge of journal production processes, including digital production technologies. A sharp eye for detail is essential as are excellent copy-editing and proofreading skills. Sound IT skills are a must especially experience of CMS and MS Word and Excel. You will be a highly organised individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a busy, friendly team.
This role carries an attractive salary and excellent company benefits and is a great opportunity for someone with journals production experience looking to expand their experience and skills. For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your salary expectations.