Are you an ambitious and commercially-minded Junior Editor with proven experience in trade publishing? We have an exciting opportunity to step up into a Production Editor role at a fast-growing mass-market publisher reporting into the Head of Publishing based in Northamptonshire.
Key responsibilities will be helping to oversee and manage projects across a wide range of titles, formats and novelties, working closely with the Head of Publishing and the Publishing Team.
You will be:
- Supporting the Head of Publishing to make sure all proposed titles meet the business standards
- Project-managing a portfolio of books in tandem with a publishing partner
- Liaising with the Production department to ensure the highest quality is achieved for all delivered products
- Coordinating other members of the team to make sure all files follow the correct workflow and are approved
- Staying up to date on current trends and gaps in the market
- Completing various editorial tasks such as researching, writing copies, proofreading and ensuring in-house style is consistent
- Liaising with third party contributors, including packagers, illustrators, authors, licensors and other freelance agents
The ideal candidate will have editorial experience, excellent attention to detail and administration skills as well as the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work under pressure. You must have outstanding written and communication skills and have proven people management skills.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.