We have a fabulous new role working as a Production Editor for a highly successful international scientific publisher. Based in London this role will oversee the production of a UK journal from submission through to publication. This is a varied and highly responsible role and would suit someone looking to take their next step in journal production.
Reporting to the Head of Production key responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with new submissions, peer review, manuscript acceptance, dealing with proofs and invoices
- Liaising with authors
- Allocating tasks to Production Editors and Copy Editors
- Liaising with the wider publishing team, including Managing Editors and the Senior Editorial Team
- Working with Submissions team regarding figures, article layout and online articles
- Acting as intermediary with editorial team regarding any issues related to ethics, figure manipulation, and pre-published papers
This is a pivotal role in a fast-paced department and the successful person will be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a science subject. You will have some demonstrable experience as a Production Editor from a journal background with knowledge of how processes work. A knowledge of InDesign is required as are strong IT skills including a knowledge of Photoshop and Excel. You will have exceptional organization and communication skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and able to pick up new processes quickly.
This role will be based in the company’s London office but flexible working is offered.
For further information please send your CV with a short cover note outlining your salary expectations and availability.