There is a lovely new opportunity with a global scientific publisher in Bath, looking to appoint a Production Editor to work on a number of digital editorial projects and ensure content is accurate and ready to publish. The role can be partially remote working for the right candidate, but ideally they'd like someone in the office 1-2 days a week.
- Proofreading and copy-editing across a range of content, including articles, news features, and videos
- Acting as key point of contact for editorial and production
- Developing digital content and comms
- Checking quality and style for digital content, social media and channel content
- Mentoring and supervising more junior staff and freelancers, ensuring career development through regular meetings
We are looking for someone with amazing communication and proofreading skills, who is proud of their editorial talents and enjoys working with various formats of digital content. This role will suit someone coming from a publishing or journalistic background, ideally with an interest in scientific communication.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.