An academic publisher, with one of the most successful track records for growth over the last ten years, is looking to recruit a Book Production Editor for their Production team.
Reporting to Production Editor Supervisor, the Production Editor will have overall production responsibility for a list of book titles and online projects. The main responsibilities include:
- Producing books from transmittal of typescripts through to press-ready files/digital delivery
- Editorial production responsibility for delivering online resources
- Selecting/briefing/developing/appraising freelance suppliers (copyeditors, proof-readers)
- Arranging schedules and controlling costs
- Providing data on books in production to key colleagues across the business
- Informing authors/editors/colleagues on the progress of their books
- Managing typesetters, typographic specification and controlling scheduling, quality and cost
- Supplying cover copy to Design team, proofreading and checking accuracy of cover artwork
- Maintaining and monitoring style as agreed with Executive Head of Book Production
- Ensuring accurate and consistent bibliographic information
- Arranging for, and/or alerting, commissioning editor to compliance with legal requirements.
The successful candidate will have proven editorial production publishing experience with an excellent attention to detail. Superb administration skills and experience of copyediting and proofreading are essential, as is a solid understanding of typesetting, print, and design. Crucially, you will need to be able to work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance related bonus scheme, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 392. For an initial, confidential discussion please call on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com.