An international academic publisher based in London is looking for an experienced Production Editor to join their friendly production team, to work on the full range of their books programme. This role will report into the Head of Editorial & Production and is a broad role that would suit someone with book production experience, looking for more variety, a new challenge and the opportunity to work on a highly interesting range of both 4 colour and mono books. This role is a hybrid role, with 2 days a week in the office.
Some of the core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing copy-editing, typesetting, design, proofing, printing, online publication and distribution of books
- Negotiating competitive agreements with suppliers
- Delivering finished book files in print and online
- Supporting book authors to submit their manuscripts in required format, providing guidance through production and ensuring they are happy with finished product
- Overseeing printing, distribution and online publication of co-published books
- Negotiating agreements with suppliers
The ideal person will have some proven experience of working in a book production environment with knowledge of book production systems and processes. You should have some experience of negotiating competitively priced agreements with suppliers and a knowledge of 4 colour as well as mono production. Great time management, negotiating and organisation skills are essential as you will be working to tight deadlines and the ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload are key to this role.
In return our client is offering an attractive salary, great company benefits and a friendly, flexible working environment.
To find out more about this lovely opportunity please send your CV and a short cover note, including salary expectations.