We are looking for a Production Editor for a prestigious scientific publisher in London, to look after a highly regarded portfolio of journals and to carry out day-to-day production responsibilities. This is a fixed term contract to cover parental leave up until 30th December 2022. Our client offers hybrid working, with a minimum of 2 days a week in the office.
As a Production Editor you will be coordinating and managing workflows of print and online scientific / medical journals to agreed deadlines. Responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Quality check editorial content ensuring content is approved by all stakeholders
- Coordinate the workflow of content through to agreed publication deadlines
- Identify quality issues, take appropriate action and feedback recurring errors to the relevant teams
- Coordinate publication schedules for press/priority content
- Maintain journal style and provide advice/information to colleagues and vendors on house style
- Support the launch of new titles.
- Related admin duties (file curation, meeting administration, archiving, etc.)
If you have some journals experience in an editorial or production capacity and are looking for a step up, this could be an amazing opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team and take on a more hands-on role as Production Editor. You should have strong proofreading skills, and the ability to prioritise your own workload and manage time efficiently. To find out more, get in touch ASAP!
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.