An academic publisher with one of the most successful track records for growth over the last ten years is looking to recruit a Production Editor for their pre-press production department.
Reporting to the Senior Production Editor, the Production Editor will have responsibility for a number of academic journals, from obtaining the copy through to final print. The main responsibilities include:
- Managing the publication of journals by the planned issue date and to contracted length
- Ensuring articles are completed to schedule
- Contributing to the appraisal of the quality of work carried out by freelancers
- Ensuring journal specifications are correctly recorded
- Managing invoicing for open access articles in the production workflow system
- Advising supplier managers on the services required by particular journals
- Providing support services to editors, board member and contributors
- Managing internal and external relationships with authors, academic editors and Societies
- Liaising with colleagues, keeping them informed of progress and developments.
The successful candidate will have proven academic journal or book production experience, the ability to manage a varied task list and be keen to build their experience within a large international academic press. Excellent administration skills and experience of copywriting and proofreading are essential, as is a solid understanding of typesetting, printing and design and online publication. Crucially you will need to be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and as such, exceptional written and verbal communication skills will be required.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and strong benefits.
To apply for this position click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 254. For an initial, confidential discussion please call on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com.