Are you looking for the next role to foster your career in academic publishing? We have an amazing new opportunity with a provider of editorial services to the academic publishing industry to join their friendly team as a Production Editor on a 13-month maternity contract. Our client are a fast-growing company responsible for the project management of academic and educational resources and they are looking for a meticulous and highly organised person to work on various academic book projects. This position is office-based, though flexible working options will be considered.
In this role, you will be managing a list of book production projects and oversee them from manuscript submission through delivery, while updating both author and client on the production schedule.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Liaising with authors, suppliers and external collaborators, and commissioning freelance work (proofreading, copy-editing, indexing)
- Budgeting and scheduling for assigned titles, and ensuring deadlines are kept
- Supplying final files to client ensuring that to the agreed schedule is kept
- Managing the production schedule of multiple titles
- Attending team meetings
- Gathering final corrections from the author and proofreader, and collating them for final check revision
- Assisting with ad hoc duties to maintain an accurate production workflow
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle different priorities and work well in a friendly team. This is the perfect role for someone looking to take on more experiences across editorial and production processes.
Closing date is November 24th and early applications are encouraged.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.