Are you a science graduate looking to establish a career within scientific publishing? Could you apply your enthusiasm and scientific background in a fast-paced editorial environment? We are seeking a self-starter with a strong work ethic, great organisation and time management skills to play an important role in the running of this broad scientific journal portfolio, which includes medical and pharmaceutical science titles. Our client
This role will see you take manuscripts through the production process to final print and online publication. You will work across a range of successful titles, and as a key role within the company you will have responsibility for ensuring the quality and consistency of the journals and graphics you work on.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using your scientific knowledge to redraw graphics in Illustrator
- Liaising with external service providers
- Corresponding with authors
- Raising queries and making any necessary changes to author articles
- Creating contents and cover pages
- Validating background coding and posting articles online
- Approving journals for print
- Overseeing and implementing editorial processes to ensure all published content is of a high standard
- Producing plain language summaries of publications utilising InDesign software
This is a role where you will receive relevant training and a role where you can develop your skills and experience. The ideal person will be educated to degree level or equivalent in biomedical science, chemistry, life sciences, pharmaceutical science or a related field. You will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail, great organisation and computer literacy skills, and have a proven understanding of the importance of scheduling and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to develop quickly and assume responsibility for, and have a real impact on, the content and future direction of your journal portfolio.
For further information on this not-to-be-missed role, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest.