A well-established, award-winning educational publisher is seeking a Production Illustrator to join their creative, supportive and inclusive team, based remotely in the UK. The role offers an excellent salary, benefits and flexible and friendly working environment.
The Production Illustrator's main remit will be to create illustrations that replicate the distinctive artwork style of the company's maths textbooks and workbooks for the Primary schools market. Their textbooks have a distinctive style, including characters, flora, fauna, animals and objects. Other responsibilities include:
- Create illustrations for textbook and workbooks series, from full scenes to single items, in both colour and grayscale, in Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format
- Edit and re-purpose existing illustrations
- Regionalise illustrations for different countries
- Develop new artwork, styles and characters as needed
- Apply isometric techniques to add perspective to illustrations
- Ensure illustrations support learning requirements like colour-blindness
- Adhere to style guide requirements and apply consistency
- Update layouts in InDesign and deliver pdfs to specification
- Support the development and maintenance of a master illustration library
- Maintain best-practices in file management and naming standards
- Maintain and update the Master Style Guide
The ideal candidate will be an experienced illustrator that can work independently in a fast-paced environment. You will be adept at working with vector-based illustrations in Adobe Illustrator, and have strong InDesign skills. With a meticulous, detailed-oriented approach and excellent communication, the ideal Illustrator will have a background as a commercial Illustrator. Strong conceptual and artistic skills will be required. To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join a renowned educational publishing company, get in touch ASAP, sending us your CV along with your portfolio of illustration work.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.