We are recruiting for an Interim Production Manager for top UK Children's Publisher based in London. You will be reporting into the Global Operations Director and be responsible for a varied list of children's titles. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing production of all books - new, reprint and specials
- Contribute towards new projects with production knowledge
- Negotiate with and manage key suppliers
- Manage and develop a small team
- Ensure all products are compliant with Safety requirements
- Identify and resolve any problems as they arise
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong communication skills
- Good relationship building and management skills
- Experience in Production
- Experience in supplier management
- Numeracy skills
- Excellent people manager
- Very organised and fantastic at planning
You will ideally come from children's publishing and have extensive safety testing experience. This is an initial 10 month contract starting in January 2020 and our client will be interviewing this month. Please submit your CV ASAP, early applications will be prioritised!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.