We have a lovely opening for an experienced Production Controller with children's books experience looking for that next step and a new challenge within children’s publishing. Working for this highly successful publisher in their friendly team, you will manage the production of frontlist and reprint titles, as well as deputise for and assist the Production Director.
This is very much a ‘hands on’ role where you will be working on your own list of books and an ideal production role for someone looking to broaden their children’s production experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with editorial and design teams and advising on workflow and technical matters
- Check costings and negotiate schedules, specifications and prices with external suppliers
- Manage a list of titles through to delivery, including checking InDesign files
- Agree, monitor and report schedules and approvals in-house and out-of-house
- Consult on workflow and process improvements as necessary
- Liaise with foreign language customers regarding delivery details and technical requirements
- Help in the training and development of less experienced members of the team
- Arrange safety testing where required
- Visit printers in the UK and abroad to check quality of printing.
What we are looking for:
- Sufficient proven experience of working on a Children’s book list of significant size
- Full understanding of the print production process
- Fully conversant with InDesign and familiarity with Biblio, Acrobat and any other relevant production software
- Experience in safety testing ideally
You will have strong negotiation, organising and planning skills with the ability to multi-task. Familiarity with the UK, European and Far Eastern print markets would be useful.
This role carries an attractive salary and benefits package. For further information, please send your CV with your salary expectations and availability.