This is a rare opportunity to join a flourishing independent publisher at the highest level.
The Campaigns Director will be responsible for all our marketing, publicity and online activity. This senior role is to champion, organise and manage campaigns to ensure the success of all our titles across our different imprints and to build our brands. You will be on top of and embrace new trends. In addition, as a member of the Executive you will help run and guide the company.
Extensive marketing or publicity experience is imperative, also digital expertise. This will, ideally but not necessarily, be in publishing. The role reports to the Managing Director.
The job includes the following:
- Create the strategies for the marketing and publicity campaigns for our books, leading from the front for some titles ensuring they reach the widest possible audience.
- To campaign, which is to say energise and push the activities around key titles for each season, from acquisition and positioning, to publication and beyond.
- Direct and manage the marketing and publicity teams. The Marketing Director and Publicity Director will report to you and through them, their teams.
- Create and direct the marketing and publicity budgets.
- Direct and develop our social media strategy and digital presence.
- Direct the balance of time and resources, between the digital and physical world activity and educate the whole company in this.
- Direct and lead Profile’s relationship with the media, nurturing and deepening relationships with broadcasters, the press, bloggers and other channels.
- Develop and enhance our brand including our imprints and author brands.
- Guide and direct Profile’s online strategy and presence.
- As a member of the company’s Executive you will share responsibility for the company’s management and direction.
- Attend and participate in the weekly acquisition meeting.
- As agreed with the Sales Director, alternately chair the weekly sales, marketing and publicity (SMP) meeting.
Salary: very high five figures plus profit share.
Apply in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st October 2020.