Profile Books is a leading independent publisher with strengths in general trade non-fiction and fiction. Its imprints include Serpent’s Tail, Souvenir Press, Wellcome Collection, The Economist and Viper Books. Bestselling authors include Mary Beard, Robert Greene, Sarah Perry, Esi Edugyan and Torrey Peters.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised, enthusiastic, and energetic Marketing Assistant to join our busy marketing team. You will be a self-starter, full of ideas, keyed into trends and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. You will be a keen reader across multiple genres and have a thirst for learning – and for ensuring the department’s activity runs smoothly at all times.
This is a job for someone aiming for a career path in marketing, rather than a route into editorial or other roles. The assistant will work across all of our lists.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute ideas and creative thinking to marketing meetings
- Write creative, selling copy
- Produce graphics and other marketing materials
- Organise proof production and distribution
- Produce, schedule and monitor social media content and developments across all platforms
- Produce campaign reports on lead titles, slides, and sell-in material
- Liaise with other departments on campaigns and pitches
- Be the key liaison for audio marketing
- Conduct influencer and partnership research, outreach, and mailings
- Assist with events (online and offline)
- Attend meetings and take minutes
- Maintain and develop contact lists with adherence to GDPR
The role offers the opportunity to learn analytics, social media advertising, video editing, graphics production, and project management.
We pride ourselves on being an outstanding place to work and a supportive team, driven by a love of readers, writers, and ideas.
The role is full time and based in Farringdon, London. We are currently working to a hybrid home/office model, but in the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary of £25,500 per annum, dependent on experience. Benefits include 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days with length of service) plus bank holidays, pension, life insurance, annual bonus scheme for all employees, working day 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday-Friday with flexible working agreements by arrangement.
Profile strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may require when attending an interview. We offer expenses for travel to London to attend interviews.
Please apply in writing with a covering letter and your CV to Careers@profilebooks.com by Sunday 14 August 2022.