Publicity Director (jobshare)
Profile Books seeks a Publicity Director to work across all of our lists.
Profile Books is an award-winning publisher with strengths in trade non-fiction, literary fiction, crime fiction and self-help / lifestyle publishing. Our imprints include Serpent’s Tail, Viper, Wellcome Collection, Economist Books and Souvenir Press. We employ around 50 people.
We are looking for a part-time publicity director, to work three days a week (preferred Wednesday to Friday), in tandem with our current Publicity Director, with an overlap of one day. We are excited to offer this level of flexibility at senior level, as our lists continue to grow.
The role reports to the Campaigns Director.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Driving our publicity campaigns and the team to deliver sales and bestsellers
- Working closely with sales, marketing and editorial to build stand-out campaigns for our books
- Achieving coverage across press, broadcast, events and festivals, digital channels
- Finding creative and innovative ways of promoting our books in all formats, in particular strong awareness of digital channels and new routes to publicise our titles
- Building close relationships with authors, agents and the media
- Reporting on campaigns
- The role will involve some line management responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have strong experience at the top level in a trade publishing publicity team, a track record of exemplary publicity results and line management experience. The candidate will be able to work on publicity across the fiction and non-fiction imprints, but to complement the balance of titles and the existing team, outstanding non-fiction skills are desired.
Initial interviews will take place remotely but there will be an opportunity to meet face-to-face and to see our offices during second interviews. Please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may require when attending an interview.
It is expected that this role will be largely office-based once we are all able to return safely to places of work; we have been largely home-working during most of the last year.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of your experience to date and your reason for applying for this position. A full job description is available.
This is a job share, based on 3 fulltime days per week, and salary will be pro-rated accordingly (60% FTE).
The deadline for applications is 31st May 2021.
Profile strives to be an equal opportunities employer.