Profile Books seeks an experienced, creative and energetic senior publicist / publicity director with skills in our core publishing areas to work with us on a fixed term contract basis for a minimum of ten months from January 2023 to cover parental leave within the team.
This full-time role reports to the Campaigns Director and is responsible for publicity at a senior level across lead titles and campaigns. Management experience is desirable but not essential.
Our offices are in Farringdon in London and we are currently working in a hybrid pattern, with full-time staff expected to work from the office a minimum of three days per week.
The appointee will work on publicity across the fiction and non-fiction imprints, for Profile Books, Serpent’s Tail, Souvenir Press, Viper Books and our partner brands.
- Drive publicity for key titles, generating outstanding coverage for our books, authors and for our publishing
- Find exciting and selling publicity opportunities across traditional and new forms of media, in collaboration with bookshops, festivals, event organisers, broadcasters and producers, partners, reviewers, features editors, podcasters and other opportunities that will deliver maximum exposure and audience awareness of our books and authors
- Keep abreast of new trends and opportunities across publicity
- Sell serial where appropriate
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Editorial to ensure that campaigns are fully integrated for maximum exposure
- Manage title allocations and direct freelancers
- In consultation with the Campaigns Director, devise and work to agreed publicity budgets
- In rotation, attend the acquisitions meeting, advise editorial and sales on the publicity potential of new acquisitions and compile pitches as required for the Profile lists
- Manage relationships on your titles with authors, agents, and other internal and external stakeholders, providing detailed updates on request
- Plan and organise launches, parties, events and showcases to boost our public visibility as required
- Other administrative duties as required to run the campaigns and the team, including clippings, database management, proofs and finished copies
- Perform such other tasks as play a part in publicising the company’s books
- Create partnerships to support our publishing where appropriate
ADDITIONAL DUTIES (dependent on experience level of the successful applicant)
- Line manage colleagues in the team, as direct and indirect reports, to be agreed
- Contribute to acquisitions meetings
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Salary of £40,000 p.a. minimum rising with experience. Benefits include 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days with length of service) plus bank holidays, pension, life assurance, annual bonus scheme for all employees, working day 9.30am-5.30pm Monday-Friday with flexible working agreements by arrangement.
Profile strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may require when attending an interview. We offer expenses for travel to London to attend interviews.
Please apply in writing with a covering letter and your CV to Careers@profilebooks.com by 2 October 2022