Are you a strong editorial candidate with a keen eye for detail? We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team of a provider of editorial services to the educational publishing market as a Project Editor. Our client, a fast-growing company responsible for the editorial project management of educational resources, is looking to appoint to their fantastic team in Gloucestershire. This position offers flexible working, and part-time candidates will be considered.
As Project Editor, you will be overseeing the delivery of print and digital projects in the Education team.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Briefing and coordinating suppliers and external collaborators, and commission freelance work (proofreading, copy-editing, indexing)
- Overseeing the editorial schedule of multiple titles, from manuscript submission through to delivery, ensuring deadlines, costs, and quality are respected
- Updating publishing clients on a regular basis, and attending meetings
- Conducting photo research, collating proofs and writing briefs, as part of the editorial process
- Assisting with ad hoc duties to maintain an accurate editorial workflow
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle different priorities and work well in a friendly team. This is the perfect role for someone dreaming of a career in publishing, and eager to learn more about the editorial processes.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.