Have you top-notch editorial skills, with a keen eye for detail and an interest in Education? We have two exciting new opportunities to join the team of a provider of editorial services to the educational publishing market as a Project Editor. Our client, a fast-growing company responsible for the editorial project management of educational resources, is looking for two Project Editors to join their fantastic team based across the UK (with their HQ in Gloucestershire). The position of Project Editor offers flexible, remote working, and the opportunity to join a leading publishing organisation.
As Project Editor, you will work on the company's expanding list of Education titles. Key aspects of the role include:
- To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To support project management and delivery of digital content and work with hybrid onshore and offshore teams.
The ideal Project Editor will have impeccable editorial, communication and organisation skills and have previous digital publishing / editing experience. The Project Editor will be able to juggle different priorities and work well remotely, and collaboratively amongst a friendly, supportive team. Fluency in a European language (French, Spanish, German) would be useful but not essential. To find out more about this exciting opportunity get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.