We have a not-to-be-missed opportunity to work for a highly successful Dublin based educational publisher as their new Project Editor. This is an exciting and varied role where you will be responsible for developing and supporting blended learning product, as well as project managing the development of digital media, including posters, video, animations, games, slideshows, and audio. This role can be worked on a hybrid basis or there is the possibility to work remotely.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Bringing specific projects through the publishing process, working to schedule
- Working closely with authors and developers throughout the development process
- Liaising with designers/developers regarding development, production, and reviewing digital resources
- Responsibility for the editing and proofreading of content
- Working within project budgets, managing and monitoring costs throughout the project
- Liaising with designers/developers regarding the production and reviewing of digital products and resources
- Monitoring the performance of freelance editors, developers and designers
The ideal person will ideally have strong knowledge of the requirements of educational publishing, including print and digital products. You will have demonstrable editing experience, sound IT skills and digital skills as well as great project management skills. You will have a high level of literacy as well as excellent attention to detail. This collaborative role would suit a person who would relish the opportunity to contribute to the production of creative, engaging and high-quality interactive resources for the Irish educational market. Experience of working on digital educational products would be useful.
For further details please send your CV and a short cover note.