Due to substantial growth a publisher of technical learning content is looking to recruit an experienced Propositions Manager to oversee author talent in order to meet new and growing opportunities within the company’s successful publishing programme.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Propositions Manager will work directly with a team of Category Managers and Acquisition Editors to assess book proposals. The Propositions Manager will assess up to 70 book outlines a month for English Language, Customer Proposition and working with the Category Management team for tech coverage. You will also be responsible for the company’s book series guidelines with a view to creating content learning paths for different technology areas.
Acting as the voice of the customer you will make decisions on the value of author book proposals and take responsibility for developing product information from the proposal into customer facing sales copy. This will involve re-writing product propositions, training Acquisition Editors to write them and developing a workflow that captures the required information.
This role is ideal for a critical thinker who can identify and articulate weaknesses in a book’s organisation and writing, and who is able to adopt a coaching and mentoring role with authors and Acquisition Editors, to help them shape their book, thereby creating engaging technical content that enables readers to learn easily about new technologies.
Who are we looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A general understanding of technical concepts, software development and current industry trends
- Strong affinity with or a natural interest in the tech industry
- A strong leader as you will need to ensure that the Acquisition Editors are able to work to given deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Skilled in writing clearly and accurately on technical subject matters
- Able to travel to Mumbai once every quarter
This role offers an attractive salary and very generous benefits and for further information, please forward your CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest and salary expectations.