A well-established Learned Society based in London is looking for a Publications Assistant to join their publishing team, where you will be assisting with the editorial and operational processes relating to the journals and books published by the Society. The ideal candidate will have some editorial administration experience and a keen interest in STM publishing.
What you'll be doing :
- Coordinate operational and editorial matters including peer review
- Provide administrative support to the Society’s publications team
- Arrange meetings, take notes and provide support to Society committees and Editorial Boards
- Answer queries from and provide support to Editors, authors, reviewers and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of reports
- Assist in promoting the journals and the Society, including via social media platforms
- Working up to one day a week to support the Society’s wider charitable activities
What you'll have:
- Process-driven with an interest in journals publishing operations
- Keen eye for detail and high standards
- Quick learner, and a clear and open communicator
- Customer service experience, ideally including experience working with authors and editors
- Proactive attitude with the ability to manage their own workload
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0203 574 4431.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.