An independent trade publisher of commercial fiction is looking to hire a brilliant Publicist to join it's growing business. This is such an exciting time to be joining this innovative and successful publisher based in London, as they've recently launched a new imprint!
The Publicist will have a network focused largely on the UK market, and will work closely with authors to secure coverage for Romance, Thriller, Crime, and other Fiction titles across events, festivals reviews, interviews, blogs and online communities. This new role will involve:
- Setting up and developing the department and be responsible for implementing publicity campaigns for assigned titles
- Writing pitches and press releases, conducting research on media and contacts, creating mailing lists for galleys and review copies
- Organising author tours and events, arranging interviews, developing press kits and maintaining a dialogue with journalists about new and upcoming titles of interest
- Overseeing the submission process and nominations for awards, festival slots, and other author events
- Providing excellent author care, making sure authors receive regular updates on publicity campaigns
The successful candidate will have proven experience as a Publicist in trade publishing, including experience working on author tours and events. An existing network of UK media contacts is essential as well as a strong track record in publicising high quality fiction titles. We are looking for superb communication skills, strong organisational skills, and the ability to write engaging content.
This role offers part-time hours.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.