Publicity and Marketing Assistant - with Adobe Creative Suite Design Skills
Are you a graduate looking for your first job in publishing? Ryland Peters & Small and CICO Books – the dynamic, award-winning publisher of illustrated, lifestyle books focusing on interior style, food & drink, craft, mind, body & spirit, and health books – is looking for a bright and enthusiastic Publicity and Marketing Assistant to join their team.
Your main duties will include:
- Day-to-day upkeep of the company’s social media channels, including planning of social media campaigns with the Marketing & Publicity team
- Uploading new title information (including images), content and blog posts to the company websites
- Processing and mailing customer orders placed on the company websites
- Designing and creating adverts, show cards, invites, banners and other material for the team using the adobe creative suit
- General administrative support to the Marketing and Publicity team, including scanning and saving press cuttings, collating and send weekly publicity round-ups, updating author contacts, processing reader offers and inputting titles in the Bookseller’s Buyers Guide
- Excellent organisational skills
- A keen interest and understanding of social media
- Excellent written and spoken English, with good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a challenging workload and to work on your own initiative
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Design suite (Photoshop and Indesign)
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when required for launches and events
This is an ideal opportunity for a motivated self-starter looking to start their career in Publishing.
Please apply by email, including your CV and a brief covering letter stating current salary if applicable, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Monday 17th February2020. Early applications may be prioritised. Only successful applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.