Publicity and Marketing Manager
Footnote, a disruptive new publisher launching this year in partnership with Bonnier Books UK, is looking for an experienced and ambitious publicity and marketing manager to join its growing team.
You will be responsible for pitching and promoting our list of politically-engaged and socially-aware fiction and non-fiction, spanning history, philosophy, memoir, culture, environment, current affairs and more.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, experienced in running original and innovative campaigns, with established media relationships, excellent copywriting skills and an eye for design, as well as an authentic and demonstrable commitment to Footnote’s mission to drive narrative change and promote social justice by foregrounding marginalised knowledge and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with editorial, sales and marketing to plan and deliver effective publicity and marketing campaigns across print, broadcast and digital media
- Securing reviews, features, op-eds, events and online coverage for our titles
- Curating and updating Footnote’s social media channels, website, blog, newsletters and online retail pages, including some image editing
- Building strong relationships with authors, activists, reviewers, influencers, journalists, bloggers
- Implementing our social media strategy to increase brand awareness
- Working with the marketing director to plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, including paid media spend across social channels
- Managing and growing followers and subscribers
- Managing and growing the trade and consumer media coverage for the brand
- Producing promotional materials in-house as well as in conjunction with freelance designers, including catalogues, fliers, press releases, point of sale and digital marketing assets
- Working with marketing and editorial department to produce video and audio content
- Other related duties as required
The position is full time and can be primarily remote based, although you will have full access to our Bloomsbury Square offices which we share with Bonnier Books UK. You will need to meet at least 1-2 days a week with colleagues and contributors in London, so the role will suit someone based in or within commuting distance of London.
Salary dependent on skills and experience. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Danny Parnes at Think Selection – firstname.lastname@example.org – or call Danny on 07958 208817 for an informal and confidential chat.
We are committed to inclusivity across all aspects of our publishing and welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit. The closing date for applications is 31st Jan 2022. Early applications will be prioritised, with interviews commencing straight away.