Redwood is very excited to be working with a highly successful and fast-growing London based publisher of beautiful books, including cooking, craft, fashion, interiors etc. They are looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated publicity professional to be their new Publicity Manager.
This role will provide bags of opportunity to develop, and help grow the business, working with the publishing, sales and marketing teams, providing great opportunities for collaboration and generating ideas across the business.
Reporting to the Publicity Director some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop and implement innovative publicity campaigns
- Forge strong media relationships across the areas of print, broadcast and the digital space particularly with outlets where there’s a clear conversion into book sales
- With your great powers of creativity, you will seek out new avenues and platforms to expand the company’s campaign reach
- Ensure author care is of the highest quality and assist with the development of key authors where required
- Assist with event planning, including digital options to promote authors
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is either looking for the next step in their publicity career or someone who is looking for the opportunity to move to an organisation where no two days are the same, in a role that will provide plenty of variety and autonomy.
The successful person will have demonstrable publicity experience from a similar book publishing background and will have a track record of planning and implementing innovative book campaigns. You will be used to delivering first-rate author care and have a passion for building author platforms, as well as bringing to the role your great knowledge of the media landscape. This is a role that allows you to work as part of a fabulous friendly and close-knit team as well as working independently and creatively.
We would love to hear from you if you are an experienced publicist, or a talented individual who has proven experience and is now ready for that next step in your publicity career.
If you would like further information about this not to be missed opportunity, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations.