We are working on a very exciting 12-months FTC opportunity for a forward-thinking Publisher in the Humanities & Social Sciences! Our client is an award-winning publisher of digital academic resources who is looking to appoint a Publisher to cover a parental leave, and drive on the creation of innovative publishing products in many HSS fields including History and Religious Studies.
Working closely with internal and external content providers, you will be responsible for signing partnerships deals, developing compelling business cases for new products, overseeing the entire product lifecycle from concept to content acquisition, and acting as Project Director to ensure the success of these products during and after development.
This role is based in London with 2 days a week in office.
- Line management of 2 members of staff
- Developing the digital list strategy for a suite of HSS digital resources, including long-term plans and individual business plans
- Championing products, review performance, and drive cross-functional initiatives to boost success
- Commissioning and developing new products
- Identifying and negotiating partnerships with content providers
- Collaborating with Project and Product Management teams to schedule deliverables and manage content effectively
- Tracking editorial budgets, overseeing procurement, and managing content updates
- Recruiting and managing product-level Advisory Boards
We are looking for candidates with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills that will enable them to work effectively with others to achieve common goals, including partners and third-party content providers. You will ideally possess a solid background in academic publishing, and have a track record of successfully advancing large-scale products, ideally through partnerships and in the digital realm. If you are driven, determined, and creatively minded, this is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth and reputation of a brilliant publisher as they advance their business.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.