We are excited to be working with a brilliant society that publishes interdisciplinary content in the field of chemistry and chemistry-related sciences, who will be hiring a Publisher to lead their journals teams and help them grow their portfolio even further. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious portfolio manager who is looking to take a step up, take on more strategic responsibilities and develop a thriving portfolio of STEM journals.
The Publisher will be responsible for:
- Leading the editorial growth strategy for the portfolio
- Developing new journal strategies and launching new journals
- Identifying key institutions for potential collaboration on new journals
- Overseeing the integration and optimisation of an existing portfolio of journals, becoming the outward face of the society in the scientific community and promoting the portfolio as part of a rebranding project
- Managing a successful editorial team, facilitating personal and professional development
- Taking responsibility for the annual budget for the journals division
The successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of all aspects of the journal development and publishing processs, from new title launch to boosting financial performance, and will have significant editorial experience. A solid academic background in a chemistry-adjacent discipline is essential, as this person will be managing key relationships with high-profile science professionals and editorial boards, as well as being a brand ambassador for the society. The ability to develop relevant and commercially viable new journals and drive these through to completion is essential. Excellent stakeholder management skills and strong people management skills are important.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.