A fast-moving, ambitious publisher of children's licensed and own brand content is looking to appoint an experienced Publisher who will lead their publishing strategy to commercial success.
In this role, you will be responsible for actively driving creative development in new and existing books and books+ product profitably and, as Publisher, you will ensure that the publishing process efficiently delivers on time, to budget and at a high quality level.
Reporting to the CEO and with a number of senior level colleagues as direct reports you will:
- Drive the agreed publishing strategy for Own Brand and Licensed product
- Generate ideas for new formats and innovation
- Ensure quality is exceptional at all stages of the publishing process.
- Keep abreast of Consumer Insight and consumer behaviour and trends
- Establish and maintain relationships with business and media influencers
- Ensure teams work closely with the Product Safety Teams
- Manage the balance of internal and external resource required
- Work with sales & marketing globally to contribute to marketing plans
- Motivate and lead staff and maintain a strong, creative and efficient publishing team
You will have extensive experience in children’s book publishing and experience of working with licensed properties/global brands. With a successful track record of developing global publishing programmes, you will also have demonstrable experience of team leadership, a high level of influencing skills and the commercial acumen necessary in a senior role.