A leading health and nutrition publication is looking to recruit an experienced Publisher & Editorial Manager for a maternity cover of up to 12 months. Based in Hertfordshire, this varied and interesting role will be responsible for the magazine, e-newsletters and annual awards and will take full ownership for the magazine. The business also contract publishes for associations involved in the clinical nutrition arena.
Key responsibilities of the role includes, but is not limited to:
- Scheduling and project management
- Organising workload/schedule of a small team
- Liaising with printers and contractors
- Copyright and contract management
- Editing of all content of the publications (Inc. contract publishing) and digital media produced
- Proofreading publications, digital media and promotional materials produced
- Commissioning articles for a leading nutrition title
- Writing and pulling together content pages, and news and journal watch sections etc. for e-newsletters and website
- Liaising with authors and the editorial team
The successful person will have sufficient demonstrable experience from a similar background, ideally from an educational, health or scientific publishing environment, but candidates from other areas of publishing will also be considered. You will have strong experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as strong editorial skills. A can-do approach is essential as is the ability to be self-sufficient and work as part of a small friendly team, as well as working independently.
For further details please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.