Do you have experience managing high-quality journals, and are you looking for a new exciting role? We are recruiting for an amazing Publisher role for one of our scientific publishing clients. They are a fantastic digitally-focused publisher of medical journals and online content, and this role will focus on managing a small editorial team and developing a portfolio of open-access journals.
They are based in Buckinghamshire, but are open to remote and hybrid working, with ideally 1 day a week in the office.
The Publisher will be responsible for:
- Developing external relationships with funders, societies and institutions
- Managing 2-3 direct reports and ensuring a smooth day-to-day running of the journals team
- Creating a commissioning plan to solicit regular article contributions
- Overseeing journals performance to achieve growth, visibility and readership objectives
- Checking production value for allocated journals
- Monitoring journals statistics and performance, providing regular updates to the Editorial Director to inform journal development and strategy
- Overseeing the peer review process
- Attending relevant conferences and industry events when required
This is the perfect next role for someone with solid experience in journal publishing, preferably within the scientific sector (though not essential), and good portfolio and people management skills.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.