A highly successful publisher of physical sciences has a super new role for a Publisher in their physical sciences team.
Working with the Editorial and Publishing team, the Publisher will provide support on developing and implementing suitable article types and associated editorial guidelines and checklists across the full range of Physical Sciences subjects. The role will be based at their London office but they are open to remote working. This is a new role within the division.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Developing and delivering an outreach plan for bringing in Physical Sciences content for the upcoming launch of the new publishing platform and other similar platforms
- Using existing editorial knowledge in the Physical Sciences to support, and on occasion conduct, pre-publication checks on articles in the Physical Sciences submitted to all platforms
- Work with the existing project team as well as with the Life Sciences Senior Managing Editor and the S&T Publishing Director to ensure relevant article types, article guidelines, policies, pre-publication checklists and appropriate peer reviewer questions make sense across the Physical Sciences
- Build relevant researcher networks in order to increase awareness of research in the wider Physical Sciences community
- Support the Production Manager to help identify and facilitate the indexation of Physical Sciences articles in the appropriate bibliographic databases
- Proactively identify and network with new contacts to position the organisation and its platforms as leaders in open science and open scholarship and identify potential new clients in the Physical Sciences
This is a crucial appointment to the team and the successful person will have strong subject matter knowledge and experience in Physical Sciences, and extensive experience of working with authors and building networks with the wider research community. You will have proven management experience as well as a strong understanding of the scholarly publishing ecosystem, particularly Open Access. The role requires you to be self-driven with highly proficient editorial experience when handling and editing articles. You will possess sound commissioning and communication skills with a good understanding and knowledge of the scholarly research ecosystem, particularly in the Physical Sciences.
This role carries a very attractive salary with excellent company benefits and the opportunity for remote working.
If you would like to find out more about this highly desired new position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest and salary expectations.