One of the world’s largest education services business is looking for a Publisher or Senior Publisher to join their Primary education team. As a senior member of the publishing/product management team, this is a creative opportunity to produce resources for Primary-age children and their teachers. Working in a matrix organisation with people from many job functions to create resources which really work in classrooms.
Reporting to the Head of Primary, you will be required to lead large matrix teams to deliver projects from start to finish, creatively thinking about market need, finding gaps in the market and crafting print and, or digital proposals. You will also be expected to contribute to and lead on elements of strategy and be the voice of a specific subject area.
Main responsibilities include:
- Devising and managing market research to test propositions within the core customer segments
- Contributing to the annual financial planning processes and managing P&Ls
- Contributing to the strategy process for Primary and the wider learning services team
- Identifying publishing opportunities for market segments and presenting publishing proposals to the business
- Developing commercially successful propositions (print, digital and professional development offerings)
- Working closely with sales and marketing teams to develop and/or refine Customer Value
- Finding key author talent, commissioning content and managing relationships with authors and Series Editors
- Managing teams of publishers and editors to deliver publishing proposals on time, to desired quality and to budget and leading cross-functional teams from across the business involved in product creation
- Briefing customer-facing teams on products, services and the changing market environment and presenting to external stakeholders e.g. teachers, headteachers, potential partners
- Managing propositions through their lifecycle.
- Responsibility for developing talent and supporting the development of team members who report into the role.
To be considered for this role you will need be a creative and strategic thinker with experience of communicating and articulating new propositions based on customer needs in both print and digital as well as experience of planning and managing projects. Candidates must be able to demonstrate commercial and financial planning skills, ideally with line management experience. A primary education background along with a genuine passion for providing primary school resources is highly desirable as is experience with Maths products but other subjects and levels of educational publishing will be considered.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and strong benefits.
To apply for this position click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP264. For an initial, confidential discussion please call on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com .